|Library Hours:||Sun-Wed: 800 am – 8:00 pm
Thu: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm.
Fri –Sat: Closed
|Library Closure for Emergencies:||Whenever there is a need for library closer, students will be informed in advance through email|
|Contact Us||Email: email@example.com Phone: 24512320 / 24512324
*Located on the ground floor
Books available to students, faculty, staff currently registered at OTC, in addition to others who meet the conditions of library-to-library agreements.
Access and borrowing privileges are given to anyone who shows a valid, current student/staff ID card given by the college
- The Borrower must present a College ID card, valid for the current semester, to borrow library materials
- Only the owner of the registered ID is authorised to borrow materials on his or her card.
- The library is not responsible for unauthorised use of library cards
- 38 computers with internet connection (Students required to use College ID and password to log in)
- Computer lab equipped with 12 computers
- WiFi available throughout library
- Individual study rooms for students
- Meeting rooms available on booking basis
- Training classrooms available on booking basis
- Photocopy, scanning, and printing
- Borrowed library material(s) must be returned or renewed by the due date stamped at the back of the material(s)
- The user will receive, via email, 3 library notifications to return or renew the library material(s). First reminder will be sent to borrower regarding the due date for circulating materials via email three days before an item is due, the second email will be on due date and the 3rd will be after 3 days from the due date
- After 7 days from sending the 3rd reminder, the borrower will be charged the cost of the unreturned materials plus 10% of materials’ cost as an administrative charge, in addition to the accumulated overdue fine. In case the book is returned, then the fines amount will be charged only
- Library notices are sent to borrower via e-mail accounts. If an alternate e-mail account is being used, he/she should inform librarians at the circulation desk
- The borrower is responsible for accumulated overdue fines whether or not the overdue notice is received
- If the library material(s) was not returned on the due date, an overdue fine will be calculated according to the library policy 200 baisa / day /book
- The fines will be reported to the finance department. The user will have to pay the library material(s) value, overdue fine, (as per set in fines policy). If the library material(s) are returned, the overdue fine will be paid only
- Any user who is mentioned more than 3 times in the overdue lists then he/she will be banned from the borrowing service privilege until he returned the material or payed its fines or cost (as per set in fines policy).
- In case of delay in returning books, an amount of 200 baiza per book per day will be calculated until borrowed materials are returned or renewed.
- Fines will be calculated until reaching a cap of 10 RO for the returned books. If books are not returned, then the borrower will pay the overdue fines plus the cost of the books in addition to 10% of materials’ cost as an administrative charge.
- The borrower will pay the cost of the lost/damaged material plus 10% of materials’ cost as an administrative charge
- A quotation from a book supplier will be provided to identify the book cost, and the borrower will be informed about it via email.
- The identified amount will be deducted from the salary for staff/faculty borrowers and will be claimed cash from students or deducted from cushion amount if applicable
- The borrower will pay the requested amount in Finance Department
- A clearance document/certificate will be given to the borrower and a copy to the library in order to activate borrowing privilege